Post Insertion Instructions
- No vigorous physical activity for 48 hours following the procedure.
- You may shower in 24 hours. A dry dressing (with antibiotic ointment) may be applied during
the day to protect the incision. After the first 24 hours, leave the incision open to air at night.
- Keep the incision clean and dry.
- Apply an ice pack for 1-2 hours following the procedure which will help with swelling.
- Cover the incision with a dry (gauze) dressing for 48 hours, then leave it open to air.
- Leave the steri-strips (skin tape) on until it begins to curl at the edges. You may remove it in
5-7 days if it does not loosen up on its own.
- You may have some mild redness or bruising around the small incision, this is normal.
- Mild discomfort for up to 72 hours following the procedure is also normal.
- Infection is very rare. However, if redness and swelling increases after 48 hours you may
have a minor skin infection or bruising.
o Apply a warm heating pad twice daily for 10 to 15 minutes or as needed. You may also
use a warm wash cloth. Call the office for any questions.
- Remember that conceiving a baby while receiving testosterone therapy may masculinize a
female fetus. If you are a PRE-MENOPAUSAL female, Continuous use of reliable
contraception is a must.
- You should notify your other health care provider(s) that you have the testosterone implants.